You may schedule non-urgent appointments through Vitus Vet, if your pet needs immediate attention please call 337-583-4801
Sulphur Animal Clinic Admittance and Check-Out during COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Veterinary care is an essential part of our community and we want to assure you that our
hospital is open and will continue to provide services at this time. We also want to work
with you and our staff to limit direct contact in order to focus on safety for everyone during
this pandemic. Accordingly, we ask that you follow the below steps for the safety of all:
• Upon arrival at the hospital, please remain in your vehicle and call us. The receptionist will give you further instructions. All dogs must be on a leash or in a secure carrier and all cats must be in a secure carrier.
• If you need to pick up food or medication, please call in advance and make a payment
over the phone, if possible. Upon arrival, remain in your car outside the hospital and call the
front desk. We will deliver your order to your car as quickly as possible.
• If you are not feeling well or may be at risk of exposure to coronavirus, please ask a
healthy friend or family member to transport your pet to the hospital on your behalf.
At Sulphur Animal Clinic, we have various ways to help care for your pets without a call to the hospital.
1. Text Messaging: You can send and receive texts and photos.
Texting is only available during operating hours, response times vary, but we will do our best to respond quickly. Text 337-583-4801, please include your name, pets name, and purpose of the text.
2. Home Delivery: Pet food and medications, including prescriptions and refills, can be ordered through our Online Store.
3. Medical Records: You can access all your pets’ record through VitusVet app. First, make sure that we have a correct Email address on file. Then download the VitusVet app to quickly manage your pet’s care with ease and confidence.
Our goal is to keep our essential services available to the communities we serve and be there for you and your pets. Thank you for your cooperation and for doing your part in helping to keep pets and people safe, and please don’t hesitate to call with questions.
Our phone lines are busier than usual, and therefore, we appreciate your patience!